Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
An addition to the jacket in 1960 was the reversibility to show off an Indian Orange lining. The reason being if a plane crashed, the pilot could reverse the jacket to the orange side to signal rescue personnel. Alpha Industries' first government contract for the MA-1 was awarded in 1963. They started producing the MA-1 flight jacket for the civilian population in the 1970s.
- The versatile Alpha Industries™ MA-1 Flight Jacket Standard Fit is crafted from a water-resistant flight nylon shell that reverses to a high-visibility emergency orange color.
- The standard, true-to-size fit style is moderately fitting on the body and sleeves and generally falls at waist length.
- Durable water-resistant woven shell protects during mild, wet conditions.
- Rib trim at the baseball collar, long sleeves, and straight hem.
- Suitable for mild or colder winter climates ranging 25F to 40F.
• Signature zipper utility/pencil pocket on left sleeve with red "Remove Before Flight" tag.
• Snap-button hand pockets at the exterior and reverse.
- NASA patches featured throughout.
- Double zipper-pull front closure.
- Polyester filled interior for added warmth.
- Suitable for extreme cold weather.
- Style #WJM49501C1.
- Shell: 100% dry nylon;
Lining: 100% soft nylon;
Fill: 100% polyester.
- Dry clean only.
- Product measurements were taken using size SM. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
- Length: 24 in
- Chest Measurement: 40 in
- Sleeve Length: 28 in